OEKO-TEX® is one of the world’s best known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances. It stands for customer confidence and high product safety.
100% of our products from Bangladesh are certified by Oeko-Tex and 80% of our China Dye houses are also certified by Oeko-Tex Standard 100. OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified ensures that products are free from dangerous substances—chemicals like pesticides, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and undesirable surfactants. The certification is designed to ensure the effect the dyeing industry has on the environment is minimised and the garments are safe for consumers as well as the people who make and sell them.
CERTIFICATION. The Oeko-tex Standard 100 is a testing certification for numerous harmful chemicals, even if they are not yet legally regulated. The certification of products in accordance with OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 is that all parts of an article meet the required criteria. Extensive product checks and regular company on-site visits also ensure that the industry has a globally sustainable awareness of the responsible use of chemicals.
• Important legal regulations, such as banned Azo colourants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.
• Requirements of Annexes XVII and XIV of the European Chemicals Regulation and their safe use REACH
• European Chemicals Agency ECHA
• SVHC Substances of Very High Concern
• Requirements from the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
• Discussions and developments that are considered to be relevant are taken into account as quickly and effectively as possible through updates to the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® requirements.
• Numerous environmentally relevant substance classes.
For a comprehensive list of substances restricted under REACH – Click here.
For more information on Oeko-Tex® – Click here.